The Finance Department is responsible for maintaining the financial integrity of the District and providing a wide range of financial support services. The Finance Department ensures the timeliness and accuracy of financial information, the adequacy of internal accounting and budgetary controls, and safekeeping of the District’s assets.
Finance General Information
Finance Department functions include:
- Accounting for all financial transactions and preparation of the annual audited financial statements
- Preparing the annual budget and providing on-going monitoring of the budget throughout the year
- Developing a long-term fiscal forecast and financial planning information
- Managing the District’s financial software system
- Coordinating the accounts payable process and payments to vendors
- Administering payroll processing and coordination with Human Resources on employee benefits
- Administering property and liability insurance claims
- Issuing and managing the District’s debt
- Investing public funds and ensuring efficient banking services for all District operations
- Assisting District divisions as needed on various financial issues, including internal control development and compliance
Distinguished Budget Award
Redmond Fire & Rescue has received the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) Distinguished Budget Presentation Award each year since the 2013-2014 budget. In order to receive this award, a governmental unit must publish a budget document that meets program criteria as a policy document, as an operations guide, as a financial plan and as a communication device. Budgets must also reflect both the guidelines established by the National Advisory Council on State and Local Budgeting and the GFOA's best practices on budgeting.
Audited Financial Statements